Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. understand different approaches to color on a practical and theoretical level
2. perceive color as one of the fundamental elements of the art of painting
3. approach the peculiarities of the "language" of painting
4. become acquainted to some extent with the concept of artistic research
5. are familiar with the different approaches to color in some of the most characteristic methodologies of modern painting
Course Content (Syllabus)
Color: Theory and experience.
With this -special- seminar, the Laboratory inaugurates for the first-year students the practical and theoretical research, introducing them to the way we experience color in the world, nature and art work. Students have the opportunity to get in touch and study a number of different approaches to color such as: "visual" and "tactile" perception, symbolic and spiritual theories of color but also to get acquainted with the broader known theories about "optical color".
In the studio, they will spend time on a series of exercises that will help them to understand the various expressive, symbolic, scientific and cultural aspects of color, using mainly paper and less canvas as acrylic paints as a painting material. but also artificial light. Lectures, field visits (in situ) and guest speakers aim to further broaden the discussion.
The course is conducted in the form of exercises, lectures and presentations. Under the general title: "Thinking Together" it helps freshmen to integrate into the Laboratory climate, emphasizing teamwork while encouraging participation and discussion.
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Βιβλίο : Η τέχνη από το 1900, Foster Hal,Krauss Rosalind,Bois Yve - Alain,Buchloh Benjamin H. D.
Βιβλίο : Η ελληνική τέχνη του 20ου αιώνα., Παπανικολάου Μίλτος