a. Contact ability and familiarization with individuals with disabilities or with special educational needs.
b. Ability of assessing physical condition aspects and determining developmental(mobility, flexibility) levels of persons with disabilities or with special educational needs.
c. Ability of preparing and implementing psychomotor therapy, physiotherapy and kinesiotherapy programs,for improvement and restoration of motor impairments.
d. Ability to design and implement appropriate adapted physical education and adapted exercise programs for individuals with disabilities or with special educational needs so as to improve fitness, motor abilities and motor dexterities, promote the socialization and improve the quality of their life.
e. Ability to design and implement adapted sports, design and implement appropriate adapted entertainment and recreation programs for individuals with disability or special educational needs in camp environment.
Course Content (Syllabus)
ADAPTED / SPECIAL PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1. Exercise program planning to improve body perception.
2. Exercise program planning to improve orientation and spatial relations.
3. Exercise program planning for sensory improvement.
4. Exercise training programs for individuals with intellectual disability.
5. Sports, leisure and recreation activities for individuals with intellectual disability.
6. Exercise training programs for individuals with autistic spectrum disorders.
7. Sports, leisure and recreation activities for individuals with autistic spectrum disorders.
8. Exercise training programs for people with deafness / hard of hearing.
9. Exercise training programs for people with blindness / amblyopia.
10.Exercise training programs for people with multiple disabilities.
11. Are intellectual disorders a disease?
12. Functional cerebral asymmetry: theory and research.
13. Neurodevelopmental disorders and hand preference.
CAMPING ORGANIZATION FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES - PHYSIOTHERAPY
Camping organization for people with disabilities
1. Introduction - Basic concepts - Historical background of camping.
2. Aims of camping for people with disabilities - Participation - motivation - benefits.
3. Role and Skills of accompanying persons - Benefits of camp work.
4. Life Skills - Education.
5. Camping games for people with disabilities.
7. Physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
8. Measurement (goniometry) of the range of motion of the joints (theory).
9. Measurement (goniometry) of the range of motion of the joints (practice).
10. Checking muscle strength.
11. Applications of member perimeter measurements.
13. Principles of kinesiotherapy.
14. Design of physiotherapy programs.
Disability, developmental disorders, psychomotor education, adapted physical education, recreation, exercise training and rehabilitation programs
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Άσκηση και αναπηρία. Δ. Κοκαρίδας, Εκδόσεις Χριστοδουλίδη, Θεσσαλονίκη, 2010
2. Προσαρμοσμένη Φυσική Δραστηριότητα, Αναψυχή & Σπορ. Sherrill C. Εκδοτικός οίκος: BROKEN HILL PUBLISHERS LTD