Course Information
Cycle / Level1st / Undergraduate
Teaching PeriodWinter/Spring
Course ID600014371

Programme of Study: PPS Tmīmatos PSychologías (2017-sīmera)

Registered students: 0
OrientationAttendance TypeSemesterYearECTS

Class Information
Academic Year2018 – 2019
Class PeriodWinter
Faculty Instructors
Class ID
Course Type 2016-2020
  • Skills Development
Course Type 2011-2015
Knowledge Deepening / Consolidation
Mode of Delivery
  • Face to face
General Prerequisites
The selection and placement criteria for students within the “Internships for AUTH Students” programme at the School of Psychology are as follows: 1. General Criteria The year of study (70% of the internship available positions are covered by students in the 7th or 8th semesters of their studies and the remaining 30% of the positions are covered by students from the 8th or a more advanced semester). 2. Academic Criteria Number of remaining ECTS credits to complete 240 ECTS credits in order to receive the Psychology degree ( In case students have accumulated the same ECTS credits, their average score is also taken into account.) 3. Workplace Criteria The preferences of the workplace (enterprise/organization/entity) where the Internship takes place
Learning Outcomes
By completing the internship, the students are expected to (a) be familiar with providing psychological services in (a variety of) real work environments (b) have developed autonomous work skills (c) have developed teamwork and collaboration skills with other scientists in an interdisciplinary framework of services (d)) have cultivated the necessary ethos and ethical behavior that dictates the profession of psychologist
General Competences
  • Apply knowledge in practice
  • Adapt to new situations
  • Make decisions
  • Work autonomously
  • Work in teams
  • Work in an interdisciplinary team
  • Appreciate diversity and multiculturality
  • Respect natural environment
  • Demonstrate social, professional and ethical commitment and sensitivity to gender issues
  • Be critical and self-critical
Course Content (Syllabus)
Practical Training contributes to the better use, at a professional level, of the knowledge and skills acquired by students during their studies. It aims in an effective and beneficial integration of higher education graduates in the country's productive system and the creation of a channel two-way dissemination of information between educational establishments and producers. Practical training of the students of the School of Psychology is mandatory and mainly carried out in public sector organizations where psychological services are provided by professional psychologists. Examples of such organizations are psychiatric hospitals or psychiatric clinics of general hospitals, Mental Health Centers, schools or other educational settings where school psychologists work, etc., or other agencies (public or private) where practitioners are considered by the School to be suitable for supervising the training. Practical training in the above settings lasts 2 months (4 hours daily) and takes place under the supervision of the appointed psychologist and its completion is certified by him. Successful completion of the Practical Training at the School of Psychology is marked as “Successful” and its credited with 10 ECTS. From the academic year 2018-19, all students of the School (except for minor exceptions) will have the opportunity to carry out their practical training in the framework of the Project "Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation" under the Corporate Pact for the 2014-2020 Growth Framework, which is implemented through the Special Management Service of the Operational Program "Human Resource Development, Education and Lifelong Learning. The project is co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund) and National Resources. The internship in the framework of the above Program is twice a year and is paid.
practical training, education, skills, labor market
Educational Material Types
  • Notes
  • Slide presentations
  • Book
Use of Information and Communication Technologies
Use of ICT
  • Use of ICT in Communication with Students
Course Organization
Reading Assigment351.3
Written assigments251.0
Student Assessment
Necessary deliverables on the basis of which the internship period is evaluated for each student are: 1. Electronic calendar, 2. Electronic evaluation of the traineeship program by the trainee, 3. Electronic evaluation of the practical training program by the organization/entity/agency 4. Student Electronic Assessment by the Supervisor of the Reception Agency, 5. Electronic Student Assessment by the supervising member of the faculty 6. Electronic Evaluation of the by a supervising member of the faculty of the Reception Agency.
Student Assessment methods
  • Report (Formative, Summative)
  • Labortatory Assignment (Formative, Summative)
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
Δεν υπάρχει προτεινόμενη βιβλιογραφία στον Εύδοξο
Last Update