In the course of the lectures, it is expected to attain following results
- basic command of the video camera and the camera. Command of P/C applications editing moving pictures.
- Understanding of the History and Aesthetics of cinema and video art
- Understanding of the particularities of cinematography and editing
- Video editing skills
- Students should become familiar with group work and presenting in groups of their art works
- Students should develop their artistic sense. The creation of personal art work is also a goal of the Department of Visual Arts.
- Combining of theory and praxis through participation in artistic activities.
Course Content (Syllabus)
Extensive presentation of the main tendencies in photography. Introduction to classical cinematography with emphasis on the first uses of the means. National cinematography. Mentions to Cinematographic Pioneers and Video Art.
Video editing (adobe premiere)
Digital studio photography.
Workshops are handed out concerning creative studio photography and creation of a short film.
Additional bibliography for study
1.Γραφές για τον κινηματογράφο,Α. Αγγελίδη, Ε. Μαχαίρα, Κ. Κυριάκος, Εκδ. Νεφέλη
2. 101 Top tips για DSLR video, Adam Juniper, David Newton, Εκδ. Nexus