The general objective of this course is to develop arts student's ability to find innovative solutions to problems that arise in arts educational practice through an understanding of theory and research of the psychology of creative processes and through enhanced personal and collaborative creative expression.
Specific objectives include:
1. The use of the creative process to enhance artistic self-awareness and transform teacher-agency,
2. The development of self-confidence in personal modes of expression and art educational practice,
3. The use of creative experiences to transgress artistic creativity, imagination, and choice,
4. The development of intuitive processes in interpersonal interactions,
5. The exploration of inter-artistic creative approaches,
6. The appreciation of the value of diversity for creative development in group and community processes.
Course Content (Syllabus)
The course—attended by visual arts students of the School of Fine Arts, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki—outlines an artistic learning approach that arises from a complex range of factors – among them, changes in the art worlds, the society, and the economy; the potential for interdisciplinary forms of expression and communication; and growing expectations amongst students that education should expand their potential for personal satisfaction and civic participation.
Research topics discussed throughout the semester are the following:
1) The origins and functions of creativity,
2) A psychology of creativity: History and research,
3) Children as creative thinkers in music: focus on composition and improvisation,
4) Fostering creativity in inter-artistic settings,
5) Effects of community and educational settings on creativity.
education, inter-arts, creativity, visuality
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1  "Ο αδαής δάσκαλος"Σύγγραμμα, Ζακ Ρανσιέρ, 2008, Καπόλα Παγώνα-εκδόσεις νήσος, ISBN: 978-960-8392-50-2
2  "Célestin Freinet, θεσμική και κριτική παιδαγωγική"Σύγγραμμα, Συλλογικό έργο, 2017, Οι Εκδόσεις των Συναδέλφων, ISBN: 978-960-9797-61-0
3  "Η Ανάγνωση των Εικόνων: Η Γραμματική του Οπτικού Σχεδιασμού"Σύγγραμμα, Kress & Van Leeuven, 2010, ΕΠΙΚΕΝΤΡΟ, ISBN: 978-960-458-266-2