In the course of the lectures, it is expected to attain following results
- basic command of the video camera and the camera. Command of P/C applications editing moving pictures.
- Understanding of the History and Aesthetics of cinema and video art
- Understanding of the particularities of cinematography and editing
- Video editing skills
- Students should become familiar with group work and presenting in groups of their art works
- Students should develop their artistic ability. The creation of personal art work is also a goal of the Department of Visual Arts.
- Combining of theory and praxis through participation in artistic activities.
Course Content (Syllabus)
>Modern art photography
>Modern cinema after 1970’s
>Advanced film editing techniques (adobe premiere)
>Dark room techniques (printing of b/w film)
>Video techniques in studio
>2 exercises are handed out. The first one concerns b/w photography and the other one is the production of a 5 minute video.
Additional bibliography for study
1. Κινηματογραφικές πρωτοπορίες, Στέλλα Θεοδωράκη, Εκδ. Νεφέλη
2. Το σενάριο, Βαλούκος Στάθης, Εκδ. Αιγόκερως
3. Η κωμωδία,Βαλούκος Στάθης, Εκδ. Αιγόκερως