Upon the successful completion of the course, τηε students will be able:
• to describe the basic characteristics of transportation systems and logistics and supply chain management systems and apply the systematic approach to transport,
• to know the organization of the transportation system at the national, trans-European and international level and the role of combined transport, cargo unification, new technologies, and freight terminals,
• to understand the terms of competition in freight transport in Greece,
• to have the basic skills of designing, organizing, and managing warehouses, and
• to design accessible transport chains for People with Disabilities (PwD).
Course Content (Syllabus)
Introduction to Transport systems, basic characteristics. The application of systems approach in transport. The concept of Logistics system, basic data, actors and relationships among them. Organization of transport system in national and intro-european level. Intermodal transport packing and unitization of loads. Freight transport in EU and role of new technologies. Competition terms in freight transport in Greece. Organization of terminal stations. Organization of warehouses. Mobility and people with disabilities.