Students will be able to:
• Understand spoken and written texts of relatively high volume and high degree of difficulty
• produce written / oral speech on various topics using production techniques
• express themselves in a variety of communication situations, choosing the right style and appropriate verbal formats
• use the language with cohesion and coherence, taking into account the pragmatic requirements
• • justify their language choices based on the knowledge gained on theoretical issues of grammatical / syntactic analysis of the Italian language
Course Content (Syllabus)
The aim of the course is to familiarize students with theoretical linguistic issues, in order to understand the "deeper" formation of the Italian language, its function in different communicative situations and in various written/spoken texts. The structure of the course aims to help the student: (a) develop the techniques of written/spoken language, (b) manage the peculiarities of the Italian language, (c) be able to analyze in depth the grammatical/syntactic and pragmatic phenomena of Italian.
At the end of the course the student should be able to demonstrate communicative language competence based on the conditions and express himself by choosing the appropriate style and using the Italian language with cohesion and coherence, taking into account the social, educational or professional requirements set each time. At the same time, it should be able to justify the use of specific language options based on grammatical / factual knowledge in accordance with the Italian structural system.