Upon successful completion of the course students will know:
• the rules of the track and field events.
• the methodology of teaching the basic skills of track and field events.
• the methodology of teaching the technique o trach and field events.
• Organize the learning environment
• improve their analytical and critical thinking
• work in teams.
The events and techniques to be analyzed are: sprints and relays, long jump, triple jump, shot put, rotational throws (hammer and discus throws).
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Basic Running Exercises (ABC) with emphasis on kids' athletics. Running technique.
2. Running straight, slalom, curved, moving frequency with emphasis on kids' athletics.
3. Start technique with and without blocks.
4. Relays with emphasis on kids' athletics.
5. Two-legged jumps with emphasis on kids' athletics, playful jumping exercises.
6. Triple and long jump technique with emphasis on kids' athletics.
7. Long jump technique.
8. Triple jump technique.
9. Linear throws from different positions and in different directions with one and two hands with emphasis on the application of kids' athletics.
10. Rotational throws from different positions and in different directions with one and two hands with emphasis on the application of kids' athletics.
11. Shot pun technique
12. Basic Rotational throwing Technique (hummer and discuw throws).
Course Bibliography (Eudoxus)
1. Κέλλης Σ, Κοντονάσιος Ι, Μάνου Β, Πυλιανίδης θ, Σαρασλανίδης Π, Σούλας Δ. 2020. Κλασικός αθλητισμός. Τεχνική, Διδακτική, Προπονητική αναπτυξιακών ηλικιών. Θεσσαλονίκη: Εκδόσεις sportbook.
2. Martinier E. 2008. 100 ΑΣΚΗΣΕΙΣ ΚΛΑΣΙΚΟΥ ΑΘΛΗΤΙΣΜΟΥ. Θεσσαλονίκη: Εκδόσεις ΣΑΛΤΟ.