During the lectures, several tests required in order to confirm the level of understanding. Students get a topic of their interest and are working on it, through essays and present them (power point) to the audience. At the end of the course, students present their topic in a global way(synthesis, characterisation, applications etc.) Experimental training in laboratory is also achieved.
Course Content (Syllabus)
• Introduction and applications of nanosizes
• Synthetic approaches for inorganic nanoparticles, role of surfactants, experimental procedures
• Magnetic nanoparticles; synthesis and properties
• Characterisation techniques of inorganic nanoparticles
• Technological applications of monometallic, bi-metallic (core-cell), oxide nanoparticles.
• Natural zeolites and clay minerals: Structure, deposits, physicochemical properties and applications
Synthetic zeolites and catalysis