Students' participation in the traineeship program requires a basic background in programming, implementation and assessment in the foreign language lesson. They should also have a relatively high level of Italian. It is also necessary to have a basic pedagogical background that will allow the classroom to be managed in a pedagogically acceptable way that contributes to the psycho-emotional development of the students. For this reason, language courses, Planning and Assessment, Pedagogical Theories and School Practices, as well as the Italian language 1 & 2, have been defined as prerequisite courses.
By the end of the traineeship, students should be able to:
- organize a foreign language course,
- produce master and / or complementary teaching materials
- implement their course plan
- evaluate the learning process and pupils
- manage the classroom and deal with appropriate pedagogical manipulations, problems that arise in the classroom, whether they relate to interpersonal relationships between students but also between students and teachers, or relate to the pupils' relationship to the subject learning.
Course Content (Syllabus)
1. Curriculum implementation
2. Course Design
3. Design and implementation of student assessment
4. Troubleshooting within class-crisis management techniques
6. Implementation in real-class teaching
lesson planing, teaching material production, microteaching, training
Additional bibliography for study
BALBONI, P. (2013). Fare educazione linguistica: Insegnare italiano, lingue straniere, lingue classiche. TORINO, UTET UNIVERSITA.
Mezzadri M., 2001. Internet nella didattica dell’italiano: la frontiera presente, Perugia/Welland. Guerra-éditions SOLEIL.
Ellis, R., (2015). Understanding Second Language Acquisition 2nd Edition: Oxford University Press: Oxford.